19.2.08

"Chenille Valentine"



Finished the Chenille Valentine, which is 5 layers of fabric sewn in layers diagonally. Then it is cut / slashed between the sewn lines. I also added a six layer with a heart motif(detail).

I sewed the lines 5mm apart at 45degrees, then I sewed the ones away from the heart 10mm apart. When I slashed them with a cutter, in some cases the channels were too close together, and I had to use the scissors to cut. Surprisingly, even though you think you can sew in a straight line. After chucking the chenille in the wash, there is not that much difference between the 5mm and 10mm lines, so nextime, I would just do the 10mm lines, as it would educe the sewing time.

I am not sure how effective the heart is. It doesn't stand out as much as I would have liked. Next time a greater contrast fabric would work. The border is zigzagged in medium green.

No comments: