11.9.08

Spring Flowers

Last week I notice the willow tree with ting green buds on it, and on the News last night the Godwits have flown back from Alaska, so Spring is here - Fantastic, is that why we had the most amazing hailstorm, and lighting yesterday.

So the quilt this week is for Spring.

Found a piece of blue fabric I had dyed with marbles and rubber bands, and felt there were “flowers’ in it. Perhaps I can try to exploit the impression with contrasting tread, and see if I can sew “flower” onto fabric.

The pale blue looks like petals, and the inked dark centres have a definite petal shape.

Yellow silk thread and with batting and backing, I attempted to quilt the fabric, creating the flowers, following the ink lines. I am happy with the result, I think they look quite oriental in their design – less is more.

I changed the thread to pale blue and quilted another 2 flowers into the surface. This is relaxing, no pattern to follow, just the impression on the fabric.
Small seed beads on the centre of the flowers completed my need to embellish.

No comments: