14.5.08

Angelina Dragonflies

Had a go with Angelina fibres today. Love the names Raspberry Fizz, and white. Lightly pressed the fibres between baking paper and voila! They stick together. Tried adding bands of peacock to the raspberry fizz, Love it and love the translucence of the fibres when they catch the light – perfect for rivers, lakes and sunsets. You only need a light hand on the iron (synthetic setting).

“Bird of paradise” fabric has the colours I need, so stabilised it with double sided Vilene. Made a dragon fly stencil with freezer paper and ironed it onto my fabric. Cut the dragonfly out with an X-to knife.

I wanted to try 2 different wing colours under the Angelina fibres, so sewed red and green fabrics together for a background fabric. To help the Angelina fibres stay where I wanted them in the fabric sandwich, I lightly glued them with a gluestick.

After ironing the fabric sandwich together, I outlined the dragonflies with a brown/orange variegated thread. Dragonflies hold my spirit and my dreams. They combine fragility and strength together. I guess they are my favourite animal.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ruth, that is absolutely stunning. I really love the vibrance. http://www.whats-your-sign.com/animal-symbolism-dragonfly.html the photo on this page is beautiful and it is interesting to read about the symbolism of the dragonfly. warmest regards Lisa