4.7.08

Accidental Landscapes

Had a go at Karen Eckmeier’s "Accidental Landscapes". Very easy to do, and effective on a small scale. The hardest part was cutting the strips of fabric free hand with the rotary cutter, something I had never done before. I also found “hills” more useful in putting the landscape together, than “valleys”.
Using the same fabrics, but changing the order, I made 2 landscapes. I chose purple for the mountains, and Angelina fibres for the snow. The nikau and flax are free motion embroidered with the sewing machine.
Next time I will do this on wash away stabiliser and handsew them to the landscape. Fluffy novelty yarn completed the flax.
By changing the mix of the strips of fabric, a different feel is created in the landscapes, even though the same fabrics are used.
A quick and easy technique that is simple to create, but not mind challenging enough for me to repeat unless I need a small gift quickly for a visitor.

No comments: