17.7.08

Mary Transom Tulips

Went to Mary’s class with Rainbow Quilters, which was raw edge appliqué, something I have dabbled in, but could be much better at.
Important: Reverse the design your have drawn, and trace onto fusible webbing the reserved image.
Baking paper is such a versatile product, and handy for fusing the cut shapes together into tulips.

I cut out a total of nine tulips, but decided on just a few for my projects. I have put the others aside for now.

When pressing the tulips onto the background fabric, hot steam and hold for 10 seconds, really secures them well for the machine embroidery.

I enjoyed this project as a colour study, and auditioning the fabrics for the backgrounds really helped me understand the relationships between the colours.
Making a small organza butterfly out of a left over ribbon, and wash away stabiliser, completed the composition for the yellow tulips. Small beads in the middle of the tulips completed the projects

No comments: